American Queen at the Levee in Winona, MN

This is just a short post to give me a little more time to complete the work I need to do for the upcoming post on our recent trip to the Crex Meadows wildlife area to observe the Sandhill Crane staging and migration. It was awesome!!

I am also going to plug the Handmade Neighborhood sale coming up on the 23rd of November. I have gratefully been accepted as a vendor for this great sale and I am very excited to experience a new chapter in my photography journey. I have met some of the other vendors and can assure you there will be a lot of cool and unique items at the sale that takes place just before the holidays!

This past Sunday, October 20, 2013, the paddle wheeler American Queen docked at Levee Park for a couple of hours. I love photographing unique happenings in Winona but the day started out rainy and seriously cloudy. We headed to the Levee anyway at about 2:00 p.m. and as if by magic, the heavens parted and the sun broke through the clouds. I took a number of different shots using HDR and a couple of different lenses to try and capture this large ship and the essence of Levee Park. As we left the Levee a short time later, the sun again hid behind the clouds that were now flooding the sky.



This is the image I settled on. It is a 3 image HDR photograph that I captured using a fisheye lens.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here is the informational flyer for the Handmade Neighborhood sale. See you there :)

 

Comments

Popular Posts