Amazing spring of 2013

As many of you have already realized, the late spring has had some interesting effects on the migration of birds this year. It seems to be a silver lining to a long and drawn out winter. I have noticed different species of birds in greater abundance and the appearance of other birds that I had not seen in past years at me feeders. I am sure that veteran birders have an explanation for this phenomenon, but in the meantime, I am going to continue enjoying the show and capture as much of it as I can with my cameras. 
 
The first batch of photos I posted here today are from a couple of recent trips my wife and I took to the Trempealeau National Wildlife Refuge across the river from Winona last week. The other images were taken around my feeders and the Winona area.
 
Please enjoy and remember to click on the images for a better more detailed view.
 
Al
 
 
A large Fox Squirrel kept an eye on us from the top of a budding tree at
the refuge.


An Eastern Kingbird on a thorny perch.
 
Palm Warbler
 

A White-tail deer family grazing at the refuge.
 
A Great Blue Heron enjoying a nice fish it just caught.
 
Female Rose-breasted Grosbeak.
 
Great Egret
 
Cardinal



Images from around my house and Winona.
 
 
 

An Indigo Bunting showed up for one day at my feeders.
 
A Northern Tufted Titmouse would visit my feeders occasionally.

Female Cardinal.
 

Pam and I hiked the hill behind our home early one morning for a
view of the valley.

Early morning view of the Interstate Bridge from Latsch Island.

A pair of Cardinals feeding at my feeder.



Comments

Popular Posts